Have you seen these new reusable cups at Starbucks? How is everybody not talking about these yet??? At $1.00, they are an easy buy. And unlike other options, you can still let everybody know you fancy by keeping the classic Starbucks look. You can even sport the paper sleeve if you’re so inclined. So why pay ten, twenty, or even thirty dollars on a travel mug when you are just going to:
- leave it in the car until it’s so gross you need a hazmat suit to remove it;
- leave it behind at a friend’s house;
- let your kid pee in it on a road trip and render it too gross to ever use again;
- lose it on public transportation; or,
- tuck it away in the back of a cupboard and never use it?
The fact that most coffee places will discount your drink by 10 cents for BYOC (bringing your own cup) means that these sweet babies pay for themselves in just 10 visits! Compare that with the hundreds of visits it takes until you get your money back on other, fancier cups.
Green? Because it’s just simple plastic, it’s easily recyclable in most places. Sweet!
I’ll bet these will be available at almost every coffee shop (appropriately branded, of course) before too long. Kudos to Starbucks for bringing these out.